a la Facebook… Here are 25 things about me, in no particular order. It was harder to think up than I would have guessed.
1. I started writing in a diary when I was 9 years old, but it’s a lot different than writing for LifeInYosemite.com
2. I still have those old diary entries. Yes, there is some amazingly embarrassing stuff in there. No, you can’t read it.
3. My husband is also my best friend, adventure buddy, confidante, cook, masseuse, contractor, calculator, sounding board, all-around reference resource and more. I don’t know what I’d do without him.
4. My fashion sense depends on my friends because probably 70% of my clothes are hand-me-downs. If you’re thinking about getting rid of some clothes, let me know.
5. I started playing the piano when I was 5, and took lessons through high school.
6. I love to play the piano, and I think Debussy rocks.
7. I’m working on changing my body composition from chubby to toned – and after a month of a Jillian Michaels exercise program and calorie counting am noticing the difference.
8. I moved to Yosemite to go rock climbing, and in the 5 1/2 years that I have lived here have virtually stopped climbing in favor of other activities.
9. When I do go climbing, though, I always have a good time, and it makes me wonder why I don’t do it more often.
10. I have 5 pairs of skis, and that is at least 4 pair short of the number that I *need*.
11. I’m always up for a good action movie, shoot-em-ups are good, and martial arts/sword films are even better.
12. I can also be persuaded to enjoy a good drama or chick flick here and there.
13. My favorite animal in Yosemite is the Chickaree, and I feel a special kinship with wombats.
14. I love to laugh.
15. I get excited about trying new things.
16. I can eat the same food for days on end without getting bored with it.
17. Right now my breakfast du jour is Acai Apple granola and yogurt. Love that stuff.
18. I used to fly hang gliders, and love the feel of a cliff launch on a windy day.
19. I’m going to donate my hair to Locks of Love at the end of March, and am shopping for a short hair cut that I really like.
20. I often have the most layers on of anyone in the room, and am still cold.
21. I don’t like to cook, and am happy that my husband does most of the cooking.
22. I am a sucker for a backrub.
23. Clothes shopping used to stress me out, but now I can’t walk past a window display without slowing down. My husband used to wonder what alien invaded, but I think he’s gotten used to it.
24. Sometimes I can’t believe how great my life is right now.
25. If I had to change one thing about it – I’d have an extra 10 hours in each day to try to fit all my hobbies in. (But I doubt even that would be enough time).
I missed yesterday’s post, but I’ll do a second one today to make up for it.